Crustless Strawberry Pie
This morning we went strawberry picking at a local farm and brought home two large baskets full of delicious ripe strawberries. I didn't have the time or energy to make a pie crust, so I adapted this recipe from another blogger, Averie Cooks. It's such a simple recipe but so delicious . I'm sure it could be adapted for other berries and/or fruits. I'm definitely going to try this recipe with peaches once peach season rolls around!
1 cup granulated sugar
1 cup all-purpose flour
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/2 cup unsalted butter, melted and cooled slightly
1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 teaspoon almond extract
2 cups fresh strawberries, quartered
10-15 fresh strawberries, halved, for topping
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Coat a 9-inch pie dish with cooking spray and set aside.
2. Mix dry ingredients together in a large bowl. In another bowl, whisk together eggs, melted butter, and vanilla and almond extracts. Make sure the butter has had sufficient time to cool before adding it in with the eggs.
3. Combine wet and dry mixtures until a batter is formed; avoid overmixing. Add quartered strawberries to the batter and mix to combine.
4. Pour into prepared pie dish, then top with halved strawberries in preferred design, pressing them slightly into the batter.
5. Bake for approximately 40 minutes, or until the edges start to brown and a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Allow to cool completes before slicing.