Honey Vanilla Cottage Cheese Cheesecake with a Rosemary Granola Crust
I'm a huge cheesecake fan, but let's be honest, there's not much nutritional value in your typical New York-style cheesecake. Not the case with this version, though! I used a combination of Muuna cottage cheese and nonfat Greek yogurt to make this high-protein, low-fat cheesecake filling. The rosemary flavored crust used in this recipe pairs so well with honeyed filling! It's a light, creamy version of cheesecake perfect for the summer. I topped it with my sugar-free strawberry fennel jam, but it would be great with any fruit topping or even just some whipped cream. This is one cheesecake you don't have to feel guilty about!
1 cup vanilla wafers
1/2 cup granola
1/2 cup pecans
2 tsp finely chopped rosemary
1/4 cup salted butter, melted
2 cups Muuna 4% cottage cheese
1/2 cup nonfat Greek yogurt
1/2 cup honey
1/2 teaspoon vanilla
1 tbsp flour
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Spray a 9-inch round springform pan with cooking spray and set aside.
2. Combine vanilla wafers, granola, pecans, and rosemary in food processor or blender and blend together until you have a fine crumb. While blending, slowly pour in melted butter to incorporate.
3. Press crumb mixture into springform pan, evenly covering the bottom of the springform pan and pressing the mixture 1 to 2 inches up the sides of the pan.
4. In a high speed blender, blend together cottage cheese and Greek yogurt until the mixture is completely smooth. Add in honey, vanilla, and flour, and blend well to combine. Finally, add eggs into mixture and blend until combined.
5. Pour cheesecake filling into prepared springform pan. Bake for about 1 hour, until the cheesecake is set and lightly golden in color. Allow to cool completely before removing from the springform pan.
6. Top with fresh fruit, fruit preserves, whipped cream, or even chocolate sauce - up to you! It will be delicious with any topping!