Mixed Berry Crumble (Paleo, gluten free, refined sugar free)
Now that summer is in full swing I've been wanting to make all sorts of fresh fruit desserts (even though I'm typically a chocolate person!) and this crumble definitely satisfied those cravings while still being much healthier than your typical summertime cobbler/crumble recipe. Although, I can't call this Mixed Berry Crumble much of a recipe since it pretty much just involved me baking fresh mixed berries topped with Wildway grain-free cereal, ground dates, and a bit of ghee. It's completely free of refined sugar and sweetened only with dates and date syrup! Topped with coconut cream, it really hit the spot for a paleo and gluten-free summer treat. The berry filling can be swapped out for whatever fresh, seasonal fruit you have on hand, and the crumble topping can also certainly be made without the Wildway cereal by using a mixture of ground nuts, flour, and/or flour alternative, if desired.
2 cups each quartered strawberries, whole blueberries, raspberries, and blackberries (or other fruit as desired, about 8 cups total) Juice of 1/2 lemon
2 Tbsp arrowroot powder
1 tsp cinnamon
4 tbsp date syrup
3 packs Wildway grain-free cereal
2 tbsp ghee
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
2. Whisk together lemon juice, arrowroot powder, cinnamon, and date syrup in small bowl.
3. Pour berries into large bowl and toss with lemon juice mixture to evenly coat berries. Pour into a 9 x 13 baking dish.
4. In food processor, combine grain-free cereal, ghee, and dates; pulse on high speed until a crumble consistency is reached. Evenly distribute over berry mixture in baking dish.
5. Bake for approximately 40 minutes, until crumble is evenly browned and berry mixture is bubbling. Allow to cool slightly before serving. Top with coconut cream, whipped cream, or your favorite ice cream!